Sunday, February 27, 2011

Patrick and Keith Skiing in Colorado - Feb 2011

Since I had all my ski stuff in Colorado after the week with Shawna, I arranged to meet Patrick for a boys ski weekend.  Patrick flew in the Friday afternoon and I met him at the Denver airport.  We immediately headed out to Keystone for some night skiing.  Patrick spent much of the drive and a bit of time in the River Run parking lot dealing with his car wreck of earlier this week.  Once that was wrapped up, we strapped on our ski gear and bounded up the gondola for as many night-ski runs as possible in a couple of hours.  It had been a while since I had done night skiing, and it was just amazing.  We barreled down the runs and got in about 7 runs before the place shut down.  We grabbed a beer or 3 before heading to Breckenridge where we were staying at Main Street Station, which is right next to the Hyatt.  We grabbed a quick bite at the Breckenridge Brewery and then headed to bed for an early day the following day. 

Saturday saw us skiing in Vail - it was a great day.  Despite my lack of skiing prowess we focused on the back bowls - definitely a stretch for me.  On Sunday we hit Breckenridge which I had not skied since Ewan and I were there almost 20 years ago (and totaled the rental car to boot).  Breck started off a bit slow, but we eventually made our way to Peak 7 and 8 and spent the day on blacks and had a fantastic time.  We ate at Breck Brewery again on the Sunday night and then left early on Monday am for Keith to get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment